Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Expenses


Yesterday I went to the dentist even though I was supposed to go today. I think I annoyed the small Asian man that was stabbing my mouth with hooks. I was asking him questions and I don,t think most people do that. Maybe he liked the conversation and he just acts annoyed when he likes things. I bet some people do that sometimes.

I sort of felt like I was harassing him. He put polish on my teeth and after he was finished I asked him if he put polish on my teeth. He told me that he did and I asked him why. He said he wanted to make my teeth ,,smooth,, which I thought was a weird thing to want to do to somebody,s teeth. I asked him if there were any health benefits to putting polish on my teeth and he said no and I think that bothered him. Maybe it seemed like I was trying to devalue his job. I wasn,t really. That job seems dumb already and he probably knows that. He probably just likes money. I bet he buys expensive stuff and breaks it and doesn,t care. That,s why I like him.



White Suns - Sinews

Later, my Death Cab For Cutie cover band played some awful noise on the radio. It was weird and fun and sweaty. I was wearing a purple shirt and I almost never wear purple shirts. I wonder if anybody noticed. We were supposed to be there at five and arrived much later and we were a mess and the guy who set up all the wires and cables was mad. I thought his name was Fenners but it was Fenris and that is not nearly as good. Fenners is a good name for a middle age guy with long, stringy hair who eats warm vegetables out of Tupperware and cusses to himself. I wish his name was Fenners.


After we played some dumb songs they let us be annoying and talk on the radio and that,s just what I did. The worst part about it was that I was in this tiny little room with several other people, some of them cute girls, and I was sweaty and gross and wearing a purple shirt and smelled like hose water. I also read a public service announcement about hepatitis B and I,m worried that everybody thinks I picked that one to read because I have hepatitis.

No comments: