Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Taco Tuesday

I visited a nerd factory the other day. It was a small, hot room filled to the brim with nerds of all sorts. There were ugly, bug-eyed nerds, handsome, well dressed nerds, greasy nerds, dry nerds, and there were even a couple of professional nerds there. It was outstanding. I have never been surrounded by some many of my own people before.

These nerds were very intense. They had to pay money to get into the factory to watch the two professional nerds show off their wares. What I,m trying to say is that I drove an hour and a half away to watch two geniuses play weirdo piano music for a while. It was awesome. The music was so cool and sounded so ugly that I had to stifle my joyous laughter several times. I loved it. 
Pete Drake - Talking Steel & Singing Strings
It,s weird to think that there were people other than myself who would want to go to a thing like that - a performance of some of the ugliest music I have ever heard. I maybe have been the biggest nerd there, though. I think I get to wear that crown for now. I probably drove the farthest to get there so I probably paid the most and I also sat in the front row. I am so embarrassed and proud of the horrible monster that I am. 

The troll who was taking money would have been the biggest nerd if I hadn,t been there. Actually, I,m not sure how much physical appearance plays into being a nerd nowadays. If it,s still how it was in movies about the fifties and sixties, the uglier they are, the more nerd points they get. Unfortunately, I am terribly beautiful so I may lose some points there. All I know for sure is that I don,t like being around people who like the same things that I do because everybody is gross.

No comments: