Friday, July 22, 2011

Preparation


I,ve been spending far too much time dealing with medical stuff lately. First that doctor wouldn,t remove my balls, then my sweet little roommate had to go to the hospital because some girl broke his heart. Then today I had to go to a low income clinic with a friend of mine because they haven,t been feeling too great and they are poor. That was the worst of all of them.

The clinic was next to a condemned cafe that had a sign on the door that said that they would be closed for the summer because somebody had ,,turned their ankle,,. There were still dirty dishes in a sink inside. The clinic waiting room was filled with everything you would expect from a business like that. An elderly black man, two little girls pushing and punching each other and shouting, outdated signs and brochures about when you should get your children/pets vaccinated, bewildered staff, bare brick walls, and filthy chairs. It was incredibly gloomy.

Ernst Reijseger - Requiem For A Dying Planet

Right after I showed up, another woman came in, probably to have the lifeless fetus yanked from her tangled guts. She was excellent. She sat mostly in silence listening to her phone play the MP3s that were on it when she bought it from the convenience store by her ex-boyfriend,s apartment. She only had one earphone which she let drag on the ground behind her until she sat down. She was probably in her mid-thirties but had clearly been through plenty of fun relationships and looked as if she were near fifty. In her lap she held a piss gray bag with a great urban camouflage pattern of pink, white, and black handguns.

Those two little girls just kept slapping each other, completely unattended until some eighteen year old, fuzz mustached, hoop dreamer came out and started telling them that they were dumb and pushing them around himself. It was a great little family unit. I hope they were his kids. I hope the mother was the girl working at reception with the ,,gold,, necklace that said ,,Chola,, or something and had a butterfly on it. The butterfly represents her free spirit. She also loves to laugh and hang out with her friends.

The staff were great and surely well-trained for working in medicine. They would call somebody,s name and walk away for minutes at a time before stumbling back and asking the tired person at the window, ,,What?,, My favorite little piece I heard out of them was when my friend had to pay. They needed exact change ,,cuz we havn,t had no money come in yet,,. It,s nice to see those community college degrees paying off. I immediately washed my hands and killed myself when I got home.

No comments: