Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Song Titles


I,m surrounded by old women who smell like chemicals. They all think that they,re smarter than me, but they,re all at least a little bit dumber. All of them are wearing highlighter yellow shirts because they think that will soften the blow when a car hits them when they,re riding their tandem bikes. I don,t think that it will help. They all have iPads.

I heard two of them enthusiastically explain to an old man who was wearing almost nothing that they saw a big turkey earlier today. I guess that,s the sort of thing that sixty one year old white ladies are into. Seeing a big, dumb bird is the high point of their days. They,re going to die soon and they know it so their senses are heightened. Any movement or sound that is slightly out of the ordinary is amplified until everything seems like they,re watching it in a really loud movie theater and there are no ,,urban,, teenagers around to ruin the experience for them.
John Coltrane - First Meditations

One of them is kind of fat. She has really big legs. I like big legs, but hers seem like a hindrance and even though physical impediments are often very attractive, they just make her look dumb. She sort of walks like a cartoon that just got off of a horse after riding for the first time, but instead of her legs hurting from being in a weird position for song long, she walks like that because of her giant waffle cone legs require her to step widely and carefully. It,s mesmerizing to watch.

I have gone to work and not worked for the past three days. It,s been weird. I don,t know if I have a boss anymore. Maybe it,s always like this and I don,t pay attention. I wonder if I would notice if this place burned down.

No comments: