Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Right And Wrong

The other day I sat on a huge bus for four and a half hours. It wasn,t all at once, but it was all in one day. I had never been in one of those tall buses before. It wasn,t as cool as England wants you to think it is. I sat on the top for the first half and I sat on the bottom during the second half. Each section had their own pros and cons. Overall it was stupid, though.

On the first leg of the trip, I sat on top in almost the very back. I used to sit in the back of the bus in middle school because that,s what the cool kids did and I was cool. I thought it was be the same now, but I was wrong. There was a girl who was sitting near me who sounded as though she had just regained consciousness after having extremely invasive brain surgery. I had never heard anybody talk like her. She slowly and sloppily puked ,,words,, into her cell phone throughout the voyage. I never looked at her, but I would bet the million that she was slowly blinking one eye at a time on accident.
Nico Muhly - A Good Understanding
The second leg of the trip was spent downstairs. It smelled like a urinal cake. I think that,s because I was sitting much closer to the urinal cakes. There were trash/puke bags tied to every seat down there. Some of them were full. The people downstairs were much quieter with the exception of a very entitled, boring looking girl who barged her way onto the bus at the last second. I don,t even think she paid. She charged her phone the entire time and yelped rather than spoke. She complained on the phone to a relative. Her attitude matched her stupid face so perfectly that I was awestruck for quite some time. She was a miserable beast and if I never see her again, it will still be too soon.

What I learned that day is that buses are stupid even when they are terribly cheap. They are slow and the drivers are almost as incompetent as the passengers. Everybody cusses as loud as the can the whole time and even the quiet old guy holding flowers figures out some way to be annoying without ever actually interacting with you.

No comments: