Tuesday, June 3, 2014

Short Rows

My schedule is so dumb right now. I now have two jobs - one old and stupid, one new and not nearly as stupid. This means that I have to work at seven in the morning, seven days a week. This also means that two days a week, I have to work at seven in the morning and then at three in the afternoon. Today is one of those days. It feels like two days because I take a nap in between my jobs and start over again. I wonder how long I will keep doing this before I bury myself alive or quit one of the jobs.

The new job is cool except for the fact that I have to pay for parking. It,s not super expensive, but it,s still annoying. It,s extra annoying because the parking attendants are always late so I have to wait around for them to show up so I can get a discount before I leave. There is nothing quite as sad as sitting in your car, alone, tired, ugly, under a freeway, waiting for somebody who you don,t care about. It,s a singularly sad event and I am not looking forward to experiencing it so regularly.
Pattern Is Movement - Pattern Is Movement
I haven,t started a new job in over five years. I forgot how much stuff you have to learn when you start working somewhere. There are so many buttons and codes. I don,t know anybody,s name. I don,t know who my boss is. I can,t remember where the secret room full of beer is. I need to know where that is so I don,t accidentally go in there. I don,t want to have to wear a tank top and those sandals that have bottle openers on the bottom. That,s not what I signed up for.

No comments: