Monday, September 29, 2014

Never Doing It

My Death Cab For Cutie cover band played a show the other night in a house. We,ve done that plenty of times, but this time was special because not only did it have a cat living there, but it had three cats living there. Also, somebody was boiling a pot of water the entire time so it was nice and extremely humid and warm in there. The place was pretty clean, but it was completely disgusting because it was so hot and so allergenic.

I played really badly because my hands were so sweaty that my fingers were slipping around and hitting wrong buttons. That has never happened before. Also, some terrible goon that looked like he puts drugs in girls, drinks unplugged the microphone for a long time and then yelled at me about it. Whatever, dude. You,re the guy wearing the headband, not me. It was a strange night.
Aphex Twin - Syro
I,m at work right now. I,m working a lot for the next two weeks. I,m covering for somebody, but it,s weird. I,m covering for her, but she works for a completely different company than the one I work for. That means that I got two hours of training to do this job and I,m sitting in a weird room surrounded by nerds. Being surrounded by nerds is kind of nice. I don,t feel as conspicuous as I normally do. These are my people, except they talk about computers and football. They,re all dorks, though. That,s nice.

The amount of work I have to do here is out of control. It is almost nothing. I have been here for five hours and I have had to answer the phone once. I,ve written a handful of sloppy emails and spent the rest of the time rubbing my eye because it,s been twitching nonstop for five days. It,s driving me nuts. I hope it,s not symptomatic of a larger issue. Maybe I have pinkeye that is so intense that it starts with long-lasting tremors.

No comments: