Monday, November 2, 2009

My day at the zoo

Today I was in a store trying to buy my bits and pieces for a lunchtime feast. Well.....a poor mans munchtime feast. I go to check out with my soup and bread like any normal patron of the store. This Slug behind the counter paid to help me was far off from the tasks of her job. I did the typical greetings you would expect from someone in a hurry on their lunchbreak and received nothing in return. Ok, fair enough...I hate my job too. Then as I am instructed to pay by this worm, I slide my debt card and wait for a response...."Oh yeah, I need to get this People subscription, I buy it every week anyways so I may as well get it sent to my wormhole." Transaction pending......."SIR, you need to slide your card" I slide the damn thing and I need a response. "Let me see that catalog. "Oh yeah...Celebrity magazine, I could use that one too." Lady, you need to hit that little button to make the transaction finish. 2 minutes later..."Is my card going through or what?" I exclaimed. No response. I wait another few seconds until she hands me my receipt without a word coming from her slimy mouth. Bags in hand, I shake my manic little head and walk off. I get half way back to the office before realizing the fine products I just purchased contained a certain slime, poisonous to my kind. I flip a bitch and head back to make a return.

In closing, I had to wait in line again, get re directed by this little snail to customer service, wait again, then explain why I was there. At this point, my lunch is over, I am late back to work, hungry and generally disappointed.

When you live in a world of slugs.......Always carry a little extra salt with you.

No comments: