Tuesday, June 21, 2011

The First Day Of Summear


I work six days in a row and then I have one off and then I work four days in a row. Mike Rowe. When I worked at a liquor store I think I worked eleven days in a row once but I didn,t even notice because that job just meant free candy and spearmint energy beef jerky. I notice it here because I don,t like having to see the same people over and over for hours at a time. I don,t mean the deaf people I work with that clean the rooms with me, I mean the overweight balding man that took me into a stairwell this morning to tell me that he got a bloody nose in the bathroom and tried to clean up the blood with his piss. He suggested that I put a cone up in the bathroom because it was so wet that he was scared that somebody might slip and die.

I got a free shirt from work the other day. Somebody had left their backpack here a week or so ago and it was thrown in the lost and found which means it was crammed under a shelf with a bunch of phone chargers and glasses cases. I didn,t care about the backpack because it was dumb but I looked through it to see if there was any money or iPods in there. There wasn,t but there was a weird shirt in there that was stained but fit me and felt like it was made out of plastic. I washed it and wore it that day to see my dad and bring him a cake for Father,s Day. He made me dinner and we watched an old movie and I enjoyed the Mexican character saying, ,,I think,, at the end of his sentences. I think the true meaning of Father,s Day is appreciating blatant racism that was once so acceptable in this great country.

Samamidon - But This Chicken Proved Falsehearted

I once found twenty five hundred dollars at work. Maybe I already wrote about it. There is no way I am going to check and see if I have already written about it. I found a purse under a bed filled with money that belonged to some Italian jerks and I was elated that I would be able to buy myself some nice juice at the grocery store. My friend calls the grocery store ,,the grocery,,. The Italian jerks realized that they were a missing a tiny bit of their piles of money so they were back in fifteen minutes to rip a fat dump on my dreams of delicious, cool juice.

I,ve been finding a lot of those tiny cubes that you plug into the wall and then plug a cord into that are used for charging iPods. I have two now and there is another one here as well. I wish they had the packaging with them because they are thirty or forty dollars a piece and I would gladly scoop up whatever store credit I could by returning them. Of course I would use said credit to buy juice.

I brought home a bunch (two half six packs and three fourths of a four pack) of imported beer yesterday. Is it still imported if it is just made in the style of an English beer but it,s really made in Connecticut? It was imported to California so that probably counts. I don,t know what I,m going to do with that beer. I put it in the fridge and it,ll probably just sit there. I left it in a hot car first because that,s supposed to make it taste better.

No comments: