Monday, June 13, 2011

I Quit Reading A While Ago

Photobucket

I have a very fun cold right now. It has slowly transformed from a standard issue cold with coughing and sniffs and headaches and thoughts of suicide to a strange single-symptom thing. Right now a very small part of my throat hurts. It feels like somebody has a straw going to the back of my throat and is spraying one of those frozen fire extinguishers through it. It,s very bizarre. I have a pea sized frostbitten part on the inside of my body. It,ll probably last forever and it,ll probably end up killing me.

I have been drinking a lot of water the last few days because that,s what ,,they,, say you should do when you feel like this. That means I have been having to pee more. That isn,t really a big deal except for when I,m at work. When I,m at home I can piss one hundred times a day and I don,t care to wash my hands. It,s not like I do anything cool with them anyway so why would it matter if they are covered in piss? If I,m at work I feel obligated to wash my hands because somebody could be waiting right outside of the bathroom and they would hear me not wash my hands and maybe they would tell on me. It,s not even like we have one of those signs that say that I have to and then that I have to in Spanish, but I bet my boss would be mad anyway.
Photobucket
JEFF - Castle Storm

I don,t mind the act of washing, I just don,t like how my hands feel afterwards. They feel dry and sterile and smell like the binders of horrible drawings at a tattoo place (place? I don,t know what tattoo places are called. Tattoo store). They are beginning to crack and look like lizards. Each one of my once beautiful, feminine fingers is now like its own separate Western Fence Lizard.

I just learned the other day that this normal kind of lizard that I have seen a lot throughout my life is called the Western Fence Lizard. I always called them blue bellied lizards even though I had never seen one of their undersides and I doubt that it is actually blue. It,s probably lizard colored just like the rest of their body. I do like things that are named after other things though. A lizard named after a specific fence is pretty good. ,,Rock fish,, is alright. ,,Corn snake,, is one of my favorites.

No comments: