Tuesday, September 27, 2011

The Sun Is In My Face


The other night my Death Cab For Cutie cover band played a dumb show in a really dumb office building. I call it an office building because the ceiling was made out of those big, soft, porous tiles and there were fluorescent lights and one wall was made up entirely of stacked boxes of files. It was sort of a weed office because the fat slob working there wearing the Cookie Monster shirt was smoking weed inside as were several other people. The place was a bummer. There was a swastika drawn on a couch. It was sort of like the show The Office because that show sucks now.

The people there were quite an interesting mix. Luckily, most of them left when we played because we just blasted a wall of noise for twenty five minutes. There were several very young nerds with greasy hair, several horrendous peace punks with bug-filled dreadlocks and ripped pants, several bewildered parents of the young greasies, and many more. All of them bummed me out and embarrassed me with equal vigor. I applaud them for that. It made me never want to grow up and never want to get younger.

Zach Hill - Lil Scuzzy

The only good part about the night was that I didn,t have to carry anything heavy because I kept acting like my nards would explode if I did. That and one of my friends brought two cute girls with him that I got to glance at every so often. Also, I had a tasty dinner afterward but that doesn,t count because I was far away from the office building at that point. So I guess the highlight was me not carrying stuff. That,s a pretty bad highlight.

I tricked one of my famous friends into playing with us and he smelled like an acidic clam afterwards.

No comments: