Tuesday, November 22, 2011

I Know Who You Are But I Do Not Care


When I was in sixth grade I had to go to a camp towards the end of the school year. I think pretty much everybody went. It was five days long and it was supposed to be cool because you could bring a ton of candy and stay up late every night and you didn,t have to do school work for a week. It was also where the only sixth grade dance took place. Kids weren,t allowed to dance in those days.

I remember the bus ride taking a long time and stopping in this horrible strip mall so everybody could eat. I went to Arby,s and filled my delicate frame with over a half pound of thin sheets of beef. It was gross and I was proud of myself. I remember getting there and being underwhelmed. Everything was covered in bugs. We had to sit in a room and listen to somebody talk about rules which was probably boring. I,m piecing all of this together from super brief, tiny fragment memories that are more than likely all fabricated.

Run DMT - Dreams

The little cabins we stayed in were each split into two sides with four beds. I was with some of my friends and we stayed up late listening to KoRn CDs and putting little packets jelly in the kids, shoes that were staying in the other side of the cabin. Suckers. I think we also figured out how to turn their heater all the way up and break the knob so they couldn,t turn it down.

It was the second night there when I woke up in the middle of the night and threw up on everything. That was a bummer. I went a took a shower while the older guy that was chaperoning our cabin tried to hose off the horrible slime that came out of my body onto the bed. He also tried to teach us how to make a bong at some point. After that I was bedridden. I missed going to the beach to look at weird crabs. I missed going on some hike. I missed getting my first kiss. I missed my first dance.

I continued that dance tradition and never went to any. I even won homecoming king when I was a senior in high school and didn,t go. I also never went to the bathroom throughout my four years of high school. I also kept not getting my first kiss for a really long time.

No comments: