Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Consideration

I went to a bizarre adult party the other day for a little while. It was not good. I have never been to a party like that. I have been to different adult parties where I feel like I am the youngest person there because everybody is way older than I am, but this one was different. The normal adult parties have old people listening to blues and talking about insurance and drinking expensive clear alcohol. This adult party was full of  ugly people in their thirties who were all smoking weed and playing dominoes. It was kind of like a high school party but worse and sadder because these were grown ups with more experience than seventeen year olds.

Everybody was yelling and cussing and saying things that they thought were funny but were not funny. They were playing Snoop Dogg,s reggae album that I didn,t know anybody in the world owned. They were drinking cheap beers. They were uninteresting. The only real difference was that instead of only having chips and salsa available (they did have chips and salsa) they friend fatty ground beef and put it into greasy tortilla shells with room temperature shredded cheese blends and tomato chunks. That was the upgrade. That was the thing that set them apart from people who had not yet graduated high school.
Efterklang - Tripper
Another thing that was very reminiscent of high school parties was a near-constant bombardment of questions like - Are you okay? Do you want some chips? You know that there are chips over there, right? Do you want something to drink? Do you want a soda? Do you want some ground beef?

I understand and appreciate the hospitable gesture, but one question is enough. I know where the food and drinks are. I,m not as stupid as I seem. Actually, I seemed and probably was very stupid because I went to an adult party where mothers were smoking weed and neglecting their children. I hated it and I am terrified to know now for certain that there are people whose brains never grow up even though their disgusting bodies are decaying.

No comments: