Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Pick Up

I can,t park in front of my apartment for the next ten days because there is a crew of rowdy gentleman who are tearing up the sidewalk with huge, terrifying machines. They seem nice. I overheard one of them say to another one, ,,You look stronger each new time I see you.,, I thought that was nice. They are very noisy, though. Well, they,re not that noisy, but their work is. They grind and blast and dig the earth. The earth is really tough right there. It,s made out of concrete.

It,s so loud that I have to keep my front door shut or I have to scream if I want to speak to anybody. I don,t like screaming that much. Speaking of screaming, my loud neighbors upstairs are getting in trouble, I think. I told on them for being insanely loud all the time and the person I tattled to said that they might be getting in real trouble. I guess that,s fine. They will be quiet, but they will be replaced by the sounds of short men piercing the earth,s crust with giant mechanized hammers. You win some, you lose some.
Downstaaiirs - Weeping / Creeping
I,m at work right now and I shouldn,t be, but a bunch of weird things happened and now I,m here. At first I thought it was a good idea, but I don,t anymore because somebody keeps breathing really loudly and rhythmically and I tried to open a drawer and it was stuck and one of my fingernails got caught on it and almost ripped off. That is a huge exaggeration.

There is a guy here from Wales and he speaks English. English is definitely his first language, but his accent is so thick and insane that I can barely understand him. I am way too embarrassed to ask him to repeat himself because he is speaking English and I,m supposed to be able to understand that. That is the the only language I know. This means that I just have to focus extremely hard on what he is saying and try to slow it down in my brain and give my best guess and respond with very vague answers. It has worked so far so I think I am going to adopt this method for interacting with everybody.

No comments: