Sunday, January 19, 2014

Fruit Colors

I,m down to my last bag of mandarins. The season was over. It was a good season, but I felt like I didn,t take full advantage of it. After I finish this bag, I will only have eaten sixty pounds in two months. That,s not nearly enough. I still have working taste buds. My lips and fingers still resemble human body parts. My teeth don,t look like mint flavored Tic Tacs. I haven,t reached my full potential.

Mandarins are more expensive now than they have ever been. I spent a lot of money on those beautiful, orange spheres. I,ve been spending too much money lately. My job gave me money for Christmas and I guess I,m trying to waste it as hard as possible. I,ve been buying expensive things that I don,t need and hardly want. I feel like a real grownup.
Sean McCann - Fountains
I rationalize it by telling myself, ,,It,s alright. It,s free money. I didn,t earn it. It was a gift.,, That somehow makes me feel better. I can,t wait until I get to the point where I,m telling myself that all of my money is free money and I become addicted to gambling and exotic, imported sodas. That,s the dream.

I,m earning my money right now, though. It is certainly not free. I am at work and there is a two year old with a voice so loud that it should be illegal. It is so early in the morning and that kid is so repetitive and obnoxious. Nobody wants to hear you smash a giant, plastic truck on the hardwood floor for twenty minutes at eight in the morning. Go back to sleep for fifteen years, you horrible beast of burden.

No comments: