Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Not Exactly

I spent a lot of this past weekend being frustrated and bummed because I was doing frustrating stuff and in a smelly attic while a beast with a very gooey eye circled me. Those are not ideal conditions for recording, but you get what you pay for. Nothing went well and everything took forever and we,re not even close to being finished. Maybe that,s good, though. Maybe all of this discomfort and anger will bring about an artistic epiphany. I don,t really think that will happen because none of us are artists in any sense of the word.

We,re idiots, though. Maybe it will bring about an idiotic epiphany. I don,t know what that would mean, but I hope it happens. I hope being tired and annoyed brings about some type of reward. It hasn,t so far in my life, but I guess that could change suddenly for no reason, right?
Metronomy - Love Letters
That,s the fear - that everything is difficult and there is no great reward for your toil and labor. That,s what separates man from beast. That,s what brings about untimely demises. That,s what makes people start Death Cab For Cutie cover bands. That fear is the only thing that anybody lives for. They want the reward that they aren,t sure even exists.

Speaking of Death Cab For Cutie cover bands, I sold something on Craigslist today to some nerd that lives one hundred feet away from me and when he was paying me, he handed me his band,s business card. He haggled me down five dollars cheaper than I had advertised, but I think the business card definitely made up for it. I certainly got the better deal. Looking up his band and watching footage of them performing live made me realize how lucky I am to be only kind of an idiot rather than a total, irrevocable idiot.

No comments: