Sunday, December 14, 2014

An Awful Lot

I just found out that ,,Christmastime,, is a real word. That seems weird, but I,m alright with it because Christmas is cool and so is the time when it exists. It,s a good time because the weather is usually good. There was supposed to be a terrible storm here this week, but that didn,t happen. It just rained for two days. Everybody was saying that it was going to be a massacre. There were even people holding candlelight vigils on the side of the highway preemptively.  They were preparing for those whose lives the storm would claim. Those fools.

Nobody died. That,s probably not true. I bet at least one person died during those two days, but it probably was from something completely unrelated to rain. I bet somebody died from being really old. That happens pretty regularly. That,s what this holiday season is about - honoring your fallen elders. They fought for your right to unwrap presents early in the morning.
Oceaán - Oceaán EP
I,m going to be very far away from home on Christmas. That,ll be weird, but not that weird. It,ll only be a little weird. The weirdest part is that I will be somewhere really hot. I,m not looking forward to that. I,m also not looking forward to having to abandon my newly formed Christmas tradition of sitting alone in my apartment all day and watching a movie that is so sad that my shirt becomes encrusted with the salt of one hundred tears. I don,t like abandoning fun traditions like that.

I recently learned about bags. I have always wrapped presents the normal way - making sure that I only buy perfectly rectangular gifts and covering them in brightly colored paper. This year has been different, though. I realized that you can put things in bags made out of brightly colored paper and people will still think that you wrapped their gift. It,s completely socially acceptable. I can,t believe I have been missing out on this lazy man,s dream for so long. I will put everything in a bag from now on.

No comments: