Tuesday, December 23, 2014

One Of The First Days Of Wintear

My work had a party the other night. I went to it. That was weird. The party itself wasn,t weird, but it as very weird that I went to it. People kept saying, ,,Whoa, you showed up,,, when they,d see me. I don,t even know anybody I work with, but they somehow all knew that I am not the type of nerd who goes to office holiday parties.

Everything was free there, but the things they had available were not that good. I ate almost ten grapes. That was the best food. I also had a quarter of a sandwich. It was the most embarrassing sandwich I have ever eaten. It was a broccolini sandwich. It was soggy, green florets with some sort of unimpressive sauce on a very mushy Kaiser roll.

There were several other foods that I didn,t eat. There were shot glasses full of cold chili. There were piles of wet salad. There were sandwiches filled with pureed cat food. There were cubes with toothpicks in them. The lights were very dim in an attempt to minimize how gross everything looked. The water was good, though. I had a whole glass of it before sneaking out and leaving without saying goodbye to anybody.
Toro Y Moi - My Touch
Now I,m sick. I don,t blame the party, though. I started being sick a few hours before that. I think I was sick last Christmas. Let me check. I bet if I was, I would have written about it on here because that,s what I use this for - a chronological log of my ailments.

Maybe I wasn,t sick. I don,t see any mention of it last December. I,ll definitely get to make up for it this year. My throat feels like I pulled a muscle in it somehow. It is a very weird pain. Swallowing takes a lot of effort. Luckily, this is the time of year when people make a ton of food and if you don,t eat it, you,re rude and they hate you. Also, I am going to be on a plane for thirty hours tomorrow. I hope the diarrhea kicks in when I,m way up high. ,Tis the season.

No comments: