Friday, January 30, 2015

I Do Not Know What Your Voice Sounds Like

I don,t think I have ever worn a sleeveless shirt in my life. I hope I never do. The only possible reason I can think to wear a sleeveless shirt would be if I only had one shirt with me and both of my sleeves got caught on some tree branches while I was running through the woods to escape human poachers and both of them tore off. Then and only then are sleeveless shirts acceptable. If you wear them on purpose, then you are no better than the human poachers.

I work full-time now. That,s nice. I can finally afford to live. Actually, I haven,t received a normal sized check yet so I can,t really afford it. I will be able to once I gt paid, though. That,ll be something sweet. It,ll be bittersweet. It will be sweet because I will get paid a living wage. It will be bitter because it will mark the end of my free food. I will have to bid farewell to my beloved food stamps. I care about them so much. My life is not going to be the same without them.
Sean McCann - Ten Impressions For Piano & Strings
When I was a kid and didn,t have any money and never had to pay for anything or do anything, I thought food stamps were stupid. I thought that I would never want to use them because it would be embarrassing. I can,t believe how wrong and dumb and ugly I was. I am so proud of using food stamps. I wish they were actual stamps instead of a boring card. I want to be able to boastfully count out my free money to the cashier as I pay for my ridiculous amount of cereal and noodles.

I think food stamps should be mandatory for everybody. Even if you,re a millionaire, you should have to receive and spend at least twenty dollars a month in food stamps. It feels so good. People say food tastes better if you make it yourself and that is very true, but it tastes double better if you,ve made it yourself and bought it yourself using money that you didn,t work for. I have never tasted fruit as sweet and loaves of bread and soft and warm as those I have gained through the use of food stamps. I have never drank juice so refreshing and eaten pasta so satiating as that I have bought with money that comes from an invisible uncle named Samuel who also made me sign up for the Selective Service on my eighteenth birthday.

No comments: