Thursday, February 18, 2010

Tiny Children Screaming

Photobucket

Today, while I was walking to work I saw a table with three men sitting at it outside of a house in the driveway. The table was covered with a bunch of different condiments - relish, BBQ sauce, mustard, onion sprouts, livered cod milk, sauerkraut, tomato chips, jellied briskets, ketchup and many others. As I approached the magnificent bounty I turned off my Sony Walkman so I could hear whatever insightful musings the three proprietors at the table would bestow unto me.
Photobucket
J Spaceman - Guitar Loops

Passing their intricately arranged table, one of the backwards-hatted men barked at me, ,,Hot dogs for a dollar!,, I shuddered and kept walking. A few steps further, a wobbly-legged homelessesque man looked me dead in the eye and whispered, ,,You,d better get one of those goddamn hot dogs.,, I simply gave my standard response when propositioned like this - I shouted an indistinguishable, guttural noise and quickened my pace. I deeply regret not humbly accepting his advice, for I will never know the sweet, mysteries that lay concealed in the small, blue ice chest at the feet of those great men.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

YOU BETTER GET ONE OF THOSE GOD DAMN MOTHER FUCKING HOT DOGS.