Saturday, March 27, 2010

The Prude In The White Shirt

Photobucket

Last night I went to this show but I didn,t go in. I,m poor like that. It was cool watching those goofy bands play with a window in between us so I could really pick out all of the out of tune power chords with perfect clarity. I was feeling real high and mighty. Plus, that room was full of sticky, sleeveless mosh monsters running around in circles.

It was sort of like a rainy day in PE class freshman year when, instead of playing flag football or something, you would run around the interior of the gym. I would only run for a second and then act like my debilitating asthma was keeping me down. It worked every time. That.s another reason why I didn,t want to go inside, too many bad health-related memories.
Photobucket
Best Coast - Something In The Way

The outside wasn,t bad though. I got to stand next to some really great uniformed slutter punks. You know, the kind with really short hair except in the back where they,ve kept their four proud, gnarled goat dreads. They were just pleasant beyond belief. I also got to see a girl that I had some classes with. I never said anything to her before but always internally remarked to myself about how such a sloppy, dark tattoo on such a holocaust-style arm made it look like she had a wasting disease. She might.

She was with a group of girls all wearing black pants and black shirts and piercings and one vegan leather jacket and bad attitudes. They got in a fight with girls that refused to dress like them. I always love being near a four foot eleven inch tall girl wearing one of those awful woven bag hats while she flips people off that have already left and continues to repeat the harshest cuss word she can think of. Dream date material.

No comments: