Sunday, January 20, 2013

Scraper


My work asked me to write a thing to go on a website. They wanted me to list and review some places that I like around town. They did a very similar thing few years ago and I wrote pretty wacky stuff and never heard anything more about it. I did that again, but this time it,s even sillier and I,m worried that I,m going to get in trouble. I think my boss had to send it to his boss so my double boss is going to see it and they might even read it. That,s what I,m worried about. It looks pretty good if you don,t read it, but if you do read it, it,s a disaster. Here,s a little taste.

Haggin Junction
Near the intersection of 20th Street and C Street
Haggin Junction is a wonderful little area. It is right behind the Blue Diamond Almond facility so head on over once you,ve had your fill of delicious nuts. It is a railroad intersection that is great for relaxing, looking at track ballast, waiting, examining indigenous plants and weeds, seeing people ride bicycles, and just enjoying the great outdoors. 

If you are lucky, you may be greeted by the smell of various flavoring agents that are used in the nearby almond facility. If you are even luckier, you may get to see a railway signal change colors.
Terakaft - Akh Issudar
Chillers Grub & Brew
(No listed, working telephone number)
 This place was very nice. It is not the type of restaurant that I would normally visit, but I was feeling weird one night and decided to give it a shot. All of the front of the house staff were very tall and, from what I could see, all of the kitchen crew were pretty short. I don,t know if they did this on purpose, but it was remarkable.

The food there was surprisingly eggy, but I am not saying that this is a bad thing. I didn,t order any eggs, but everything had a kind of eggy taste to it. I guess that is there style. The water was startlingly warm. I liked that. I am not a fan of cold water. I want to be able to drink my water without worrying about how cold it,s going to make me, you know?

It was very difficult to get the server,s attention, but once I finally did, they were more than happy to bring me the silverware and napkins that were not readily available when I first arrived. The French fries were a really good temperature and the televisions were all set to the same channel.

No comments: