Friday, May 31, 2013

New Medicine

I woke up early yesterday so I could go to that radio music survey thing. I had to sit in a room with morons and listen to over six hundred clips of songs that I didn,t like and say if I liked them or not. The best part about it, other than the money, was that they had snacks. The worst part about it was that all of the snacks were dumb. The other best part about it was the weird feeling I got knowing that one of the walls in the room was a two-way mirror. It,s bizarre to be looked at without being able to see who,s looking. I kept readjusting and trying to sit up straight. I didn,t want to embarrass myself and look like a slob in front of the secret executives.

,,Secret Executives,, sounds like the name of a fourteen year old,s punk band. I probably heard that band yesterday while listening to all of those stupid songs. I was worried that they wouldn,t pay me because I kept marking that I didn,t like the songs. I had to fill out a gigantic scantron. It made me miss school. It made me not miss the people I went to high school with.
Mount Kimbie - Cold Spring Fault Less Youth
The only people being surveyed were guys and almost all of them looked like they listened to the kind of music we had to listen to. I guess radio stations know their target demographic. The best guy was sitting right across from me. He had a really cool facial hair set up and boardshorts and a red shirt with an awesome, MMA inspired design and really original tattoos of an owl and stars and nautical stuff. He did this really cool thing where he pulled out a can of shredded tobacco and stuck a big hunk of it in his mouth. I never saw him spit, though. I thought you were supposed to spit when you used that stuff. That,s probably just for wimps. He was not a wimp.

I,m sure that he has a girlfriend who he doesn,t listen to. She has the kind of hair that is bleached on the outside and black underneath. She has to get her hair dyed like that in a small town that,s over an hour away because the hairdressers there don,t know that everybody in the world thinks that looks bad yet. They are living eight years in the past. She loves Red Bull and watching the snowboarding parts of The X Games.

 ,,Can we go to The X Games this year?,, she asks her boyfriend who isn,t a wimp. He,s not listening to her, though. He,s busy calling a twelve year old a ,,pussy,, for being bad at playing the video game about guns that he,s currently playing.

No comments: