Friday, March 28, 2014

Continuous Reminders

I got so sick the other day. I took a bunch of days off of work to go have fun with my friends and I immediately got very sick. I should have seen it coming. The intense mixture of eating only trash, barely sleeping, expending way too much energy, and breathing only farts for several days straight could hardly have brought about a positive outcome.

I think the thing that really turned me into a sick, whiny baby was spending an evening inside of a rotting, dirty punk filled house. Those are some of my least favorite places to be. The walls were wet. The people all exhaled sticky mouthfuls of smoke in my pretty face. Everybody only yelled. They only yelled about things that didn,t matter. There were wet animals everywhere. It was a very bad situation. Not only did it wreak havoc on my innards, it also made me wildly uncomfortable in my brain.
Harold Budd - Avalon Sutra
The crown jewel of the evening is when a toilet overflowed and began dumping filthy slime water through the floor into the basement. This generally wouldn,t concern me since it wasn,t my house and I don,t spend much time in basements, but this particular evening, I was supposed to spend a significant amount of time in that wet tomb. I did my best to stay out of the drip zone, but of course, with a complete lack of light and inconsiderate patrons, I received a healthy, lemon-sized drop of diarrhea juice right on my head and neck and ear.

I guess I,m lucky that I,m not in the hospital or morgue yet, but I am still a giant wimp so this simple cold has made me feel and act like I am about to die. What I really learned from this experience is that I am simultaneously too old and too young to deal with gross punkers.

No comments: