Wednesday, May 6, 2015

White Squares

The past two days were so long. Today was a normal length, but I mean the two days before that. They were long. I had to work from seven AM until six PM each day. That doesn,t seem that nuts as I,m typing it because it,s not even a full twelve hours each day and children used to have to work that much every day in the factory mines. Times were different back then, though. I think hours were shorter, maybe. Was an hour only forty minutes long at one point?

The first long day was annoying because I had to do actual work the whole time. Generally, I only have to do actual work one or two hours per day. That day was selfish though so I ended up working for at least nine hours. I can,t believe there are people who go to work and work the whole time every day. I don,t know if they are suckers or if I am a baby, but I would much rather be a baby.
Toro Y Moi - What For?
The second day was less annoying and also more annoying. I was less annoying because I didn,t work as much and I also got an incredible amount of free Mexican food to celebrate the fact that a measly two thousand Mexican soldiers once killed a pompous eight thousand French guys. That part was great even though half of the sandwich I got tasted like a fish and it shouldn,t have. The annoying part came after than when I left work to go straight to practice with my Death Cab For Cutie cover band. That meant that I didn,t get home until nine and by then, I was little more than a withered husk. To be fair, I am generally little more than a withered husk, but I was a tired husk as well.

I also got a new pair of glasses and since I am poor and cheap, I bought them online and I haven,t been to an optometrist in fifty years so the prescription is probably wrong so I think the rays of light passing through the glasses and entering my head are slowly boiling my brain.

No comments: