Friday, June 26, 2015

Stomach Ache

I went to a weird thing the other night. People kept saying it was a techno party. I don,t know what that means, and it does,t really seem like an appropriate term for the event, but whatever. I guess there was techno blaring, but it certainly was not a party. Parties are supposed to be fun and visible. This was bizarre and it was almost impossible to see.

It was at a Mexican restaurant that I had never been to before. All of the lights were off except for industrial strength lasers that were aimed directly at eye level. Also, the entire building was filled with a thick, noxious smoke. I don,t know if that is normal for that particular restaurant, maybe that,s part of their deal - you eat tamales while shrouded in mysterious gas, but it made seeing anything other than the dangerous lasers extremely difficult.
New Edition - New Edition
Occasionally, I would see a bewildered, sweating form emerge from the churning sea of smoke and struggle for breath before quickly disappearing back into the abyss. It was terrifying. I have no idea how many people were in there with me. I have no idea how many of them died.

I didn,t stay at the techno party very long. It was all a bit too loud and disorienting for me. I groped around for a little while and found a broken piano that I tried to play to steady my nerves, but that proved to be ineffective. In the distance, I saw the faint outline of an open door and I rushed to it. Outside, the air was wet and clean. I am still coughing up worryingly colored phlegm.

No comments: