Wednesday, July 8, 2015

Filling Up

It,s been so slow at work recently. I love it and I hate it but I mostly love it. Yesterday, the phones stopped working for about six hours. That was really nice. It was really nice because that meant that nobody could call me and yell at me and people have been doing that more than normal recently. I,m thankful for faulty technology.

I don,t use text messages because I,m a maniac, but recently I,ve been playing with the idea of starting to use them. I am very stubborn and I have spent so many years being in recalcitrant opposition to texting. I don,t know what would happen if I started to do it. Everybody who knows me knows that I don,t send or receive texts.
Nicolas Jaar - Space Is Only Noise
Realistically, nothing would happen if I started to use text messages. People still wouldn,t try to contact me and I would still avoid contacting others. I would have the ability, but I would not have the interest. Sure, I could send you a text message, but I wouldn,t because I don,t want to talk to you. Sure, you could send me one, but why would you? You have nothing to say to me. You don,t talk to me now, why would that change suddenly?

Unrealistically, my whole life would fall apart. My phone would be flooded with hundreds of bizarre, misspelled, cryptic phrases from numbers I didn,t recognize. People I have been actively avoiding for the past ten years would send me pictures of their ugly, bloated children. I would never stop looking at my telephone. I would quickly become addicted to the constant stream of useless words. I would die within six months.

No comments: