Saturday, December 12, 2015

The Delicate Man

I finally got sick. It feels like it,s been so long. I,ve spent the entire year almost being sick and this past week I finally mustered up the courage to really commit and be sick. It wasn,t that fun. I am the weakest, ugliest baby when I get even a little bit congested. Luckily, it gave me a pseudo-legitimate reason to skip work for the first time ever. That was cool. I now understand why people do that sometimes.

I think I,m done being sick now. It lasted for one week. I think that,s fair. I think that,s plenty long to let some weird virus or bacteria or parasite or whatever live inside of my slimy body. I don,t know what I did to kill it. Maybe they just have week-long lifespans. Maybe it was the constant barrage of beautiful orange spheres that I,ve been shoveling into my body. Either way, I am the victor and to the victor go the spoils. I,m not sure what the spoils are in this case. I guess me continuing to live is the spoil.
White Rainbow - New Clouds
I got myself a pretty cool Christmas tree the other day. It seemed like it was too early to get a Christmas tree. There are still two weeks until the big day. It looks nice in my apartment, but I was right. The low quality bush that I bought is already turning brown and dropping needles like a blind seamstress. It,s dropping needles and a compass maker with delirium tremens. It,s dropping needles like a cheap Christmas tree that is in my living room.

My Death Cab For Cutie cover band finished making our record a little while ago and we sent it to the record label for their approval and they haven,t said a word. It,s been over a week. I think they,re probably just trying to come up with the nicest way to tell us that they want nothing to do with it, but I don,t think it should take that long. All they need to say is, ,,Sorry, but we want nothing to do with it.,, That,s the nicest way to say it.

No comments: