Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Burning My Clothes

Photobucket

I have to write a thing for work about all the cool places around town. I have lived here for over three years and I have no idea what is around here. All I ever do is sit in my cold apartment and eat pasta. I could not think about a single real attraction to write about. I almost wrote about a spot on the road where you could sit and people wouldn,t bother you. I thought that would get me a big fat ,,You are fired,, though. Here are the three places I wrote about.

Henry,s Bar
I don,t know if the drinks are any good. I haven,t tried them. They appear to be around the average price, or just below, for alcoholic drinks at a bar. I do know that it is usually pretty empty and almost completely silent. Sometimes they will have NASCAR playing on a large, gaudy television set with the sound turned off. The people that I have seen there are usually middle aged or seniors that look sad or very drunk. The first time I went there, a man told me about how his wife died and how the Eiffel Tower is surrounded by trash and homeless people. This is my favorite bar.
Photobucket
MC Paul Barman - Thought Balloon Mushroom Cloud

Capital Park Café
This is a small, inexpensive restaurant that is adjacent to Henry,s Bar. They share a restroom. The food here is okay. It is generally frequented by seniors. The staff is often unfriendly and the service is sometimes slow but not all the time. I have heard that the coffee is very good. I usually purchase the grilled cheese sandwich with French fries. It is extremely inexpensive. The quality matches the price. Once, there was a big piece of lemon peel grilled into the sandwich. There is an old, stained picture of Sacramento hanging on the wall that I look at sometimes.

Blue Diamond Almond Growers
This is a factory where almonds are processed for the Blue Diamond® Growers. It is a large industrial building with very few windows and a lot of machinery and truck traffic. There is a small gift shop where you can sample different flavored almonds and purchase almond and nut based products. Every month they feature a different flavor at a discounted price. Near the gift shop there is a small television with a few rows of chairs set up. Upon request, an educational video can be shown to give the viewer a better understanding of the Blue Diamond® Growers history and day to day procedures. Tours are not given.

No comments: