Thursday, July 1, 2010

Drone Day

Photobucket

My friend just moved out of our apartment the other day. By moved out I mean that he slept on the couch for a few months and he just picked up his small bag of clothes and left for tour. He,s a rocker. He,s even got long hair now. It,s a bummer that he,s gone though. My apartment has had too many people in it almost constantly since I moved in. Well, for the first month or so I was just living there by myself, going nuts because I didn,t know anybody, had no television and was too scared to go explore anything. Dark, dark days.
Photobucket
Loretta Lynn - Sings

My actual roommate finally moved in and rescued me from suicide and it,s been at capacity ever since. There has been a surprisingly short amount of time in the past three years when there were only two of us sharing this tiny, filthy two bedroom .5 bath home. I think we have the biggest place out of anybody that I know around here and it is way too small for even two people. Our couch is in our kitchen and our kitchen barely exists. It,s just a slim strip of linoleum with a filthy stove, broken oven and sink full of disgusting dishes. I blame the guy that just moved out though.

Our rule is: if you want to stay at our apartment for any extended amount of time you can,t pay us rent. All of our tenants have followed this rule with no qualms other than the rocker. He never gave us any money but he would get domestic things for the place like paper towels or pizzas. And he always did the dishes. He even did a farewell vacuuming of most of the place. And gave me a hug. So now that he,s gone it,s back to being a horrible slaughterhouse. Dirt everywhere, rapes occurring nightly, my bedroom has regressed into the cave of gloom and sorrows that it used to be, the toilet seat is covered in pubic hair, the trash is full of fresh fruit, flies land in my mouth when I,m trying to sleep, and most importantly, there is no longer the sound of his joyful voice flecked with glee and imagination to fill the halls with good cheer.